Organized by Dr. John L. Dillard on the top of Alpine Mountain in 1821, the school was moved off the mountain after the Civil War and named Alpine Institute. A. H. Roberts, later a Tennessee governor, taught there in the early 1890s. The school was revived in 1917 by the Board of the National Missions of the U.S.A. Presbyterian Church. The high school was turned over to Overton County in 1946.
Championship Record: 4-4
Appearances (3): 1930, 1927, 1926
Finals Appearances/Runners-up (1): 1927